Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning and implementation of care plan to meet clients’ needs
- Meet with clients through office visits, home visits, facility visits, hospital visits or other appropriate locations
- Ensure that open case files are established and regularly document case notes in the database/file
- Continually build knowledge of community resources and services to assist clients
- Advocate for seniors within Silver Key and outside agencies/organizations
- Works in conjunction with the Colorado Springs Police Department, Silver Key and other pertinent agencies to provide advocacy to victims of elder abuse through assessment and referral to appropriate internal and community-based programs and agencies. Represents Silver Key in cases that involve complex coordination of services with multiple agencies as well as provide case management for Silver Key clients who are victims of elder abuse.
- Represents Silver Key at partner and collaborating agency meetings
- Uphold the ethical and procedural requirements of a social service agency
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and services
- Act as a liaison with other professionals, family, clients and community services
- Provide weekend and evening on-call services on a rotating basis, including acting as an agent of legal guardianship for wards of Silver Key
- Work with legal, medical and mental health professionals, family, clients and other community partners to ensure Silver Key ward safety and well being
- Act as Guardian to court appointed wards
- Participate in community outreach and education
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Volunteer engagement
- Support special events on evenings and weekend as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education: BS/BA Social Work, Human Services or related professional field. Considerable, documented experience with increasing level of responsibility may be considered with or in lieu of education.
Experience/Qualifications: 1+ years of experience in the healthcare or social services field, or extensive, supervised experience in an internship-type setting during education; general office software (MS Office) and office equipment proficiency; bilingual preferred
Work Conditions: This is a full-time exempt position.
To Apply: Please complete an application here
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple programs and services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s programs include Information, Education and Case Management, Transportation Services, Golden Circle congregate meals, Meals on Wheels and Nutrition Services. Silver Key’s mission is to partner with stakeholders to ensure that older adults age safely with dignity and independence.
Drug testing, background check and credit check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org