Silver Key is seeking to hire a Chief Executive Officer/President. Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit agency that provides multiple programs and services to seniors age 60 and over in the greater Colorado Springs area. The agency has three broad programs: Senior Assistance, Transportation and Nutrition Services. Its mission is to partner with stakeholders to ensure that older adults age safely with dignity and independence.
Overview of Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the CEO oversees the provision of the programs and services for seniors in the greater Colorado Springs area in the view of the changing demographics of our area; and helps ensure the quality and relevance of Silver Key’s existing core programs and services. The CEO demonstrates a deep passion and vision to meet the needs of adults age 60 and over.
The CEO role is primarily a strategic role; however, it has significant operational components. Working with senior management staff and the Board, the CEO assists in the ongoing development of a shared vision for the future of Silver Key Senior Services, strengthens the understanding and alignment around this vision, and develops appropriate goals and strategies to advance the vision. The CEO is responsible for leading the staff in the implementation of the strategic plan, annual plans and specific program goals and objectives.
Working with senior management staff and the Board, the CEO:
- Establishes operational objectives that support the organization’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Oversees and manages key staff responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Ensures that quality programs and services are implemented throughout program areas; develops and maintains systems for assessment of program and service outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with laws, statutes, regulations and standards governing delivery of services through policy/procedure implementation and program oversight.
- Responsible for developing and implementing fundraising and financial development strategies encompassing both public and private resources. The CEO, staff and board use their combined strengths, knowledge and relationships to help Silver Key Senior Services achieve its revenue objectives.
- Responsible for the financial performance of service and program activities. Ensures that income is managed wisely and in keeping with the public trust and any applicable restrictions. It is the CEO‘s role to see that solid budgeting systems are in place and that the organization goals and strategic plan are based on sound budgetary and fiscal assumptions.
- Ensure qualified employees are hired and trained to accurately monitor, assess and manage the financial health of Silver Key Senor Services.
- Maintains policies and procedures relative to efficient Board operation (e.g., board elections, by-law references in meetings, etc.).
- Develops and recommends operational policies/procedures for Board approval; and investigates and makes recommendations to the Board for growth activities, program enhancements and program efficiencies.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships and collaborations with appropriate governmental agencies, nonprofits and community businesses.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with the many groups that support the work of Silver Key Senior Services either financially or through joint partnerships in the provision of services. The CEO must maintain a positive and visible professional reputation in our local community and act as a goodwill ambassador for Silver Key Senior Services. The CEO must demonstrate excellent public speaking and presentation skills before diverse audiences.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required and must be performed satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS preferred in in Business Management, Nonprofit Management, Public Health, Public or Business Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology Law or related fields; graduate degree desirable.
- Five years of general management or executive management experience required. Demonstrated career path of progressive leadership experience in both the nonprofit and corporate sectors.
- A background that includes strategy development, high-level decision-making, and implementing best organizational practices.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully establishing and managing operation budgets and in financial management oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization through transition and growth.
- Experience working with a board of directors or similar policy making body required.
- Experience in leading or participating in a strategic planning process preferred.
- Experience in the field of aging preferred, including demographic changes and their effects on agencies such as Silver Key Senior Services.
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of and compassion for the special needs of the elderly.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to balance multiple priorities.
- Must be able to set goals and achieve results.
- Must be able to lead a team of people with diverse talents and varying levels of experience and skills.
- Must exercise good judgment.
- Must possess good people skills.
- A substantial amount of work at Silver Key is performed by volunteers. It is essential that the CEO have the ability to work effectively with volunteers.
Please submit a resume to HR@silverkey.org and complete an application at www.silverkey.org/employment-application
Drug testing, background check and MVR check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer