GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides support and technical information to produce reports and data that all Silver Key departments are able to utilize in an effort to achieve excellence in performance by eliminating waste in business processes, radically improving customers’ experiences and fostering an environment focused on continuous improvement through data-informed analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Implements the principles of continuous improvement activities, ensuring solid working knowledge of how to apply the techniques to achieve process improvements in the departments.
• Lead the delivery of significant, quantifiable, annualized cost savings. Take accountability for the success of identified cost reduction through implementation of continuous improvement efforts. Drive cost reduction efforts through data-informed analysis and decisions, process improvement, etc.
• Assist in the development of customer service flow and make recommendations on the efficient methods to improve organizational functioning and track the resulting benefit of those implemented changes
• Lead the data review of pertinent metrics, ensuring that collection and monitoring of this information is meaningful in the identification of areas requiring process improvement or corrective action.
• Lead problem solving efforts both internally and externally, working closely with customers and leaders and managers on internal and external corrective and preventive actions.
• Be the organization-wide champion for data-based, decision-making and serve on the leadership team to help guide and inform best practices in all areas of Silver Key processes. Is empowered to exercise independent judgment and decision-making that influences the operations of Silver Key.
• Participate in root cause analysis, development of corrective and preventative actions, and evaluation of their effectiveness.
• Interact with employees at all levels to foster a proactive continuous improvement culture.
• Alongside all staff, ensure that client and employee safety and health issues are being attended to appropriately.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle highly confidential information in an appropriate manner.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with all levels of staff throughout all Silver Key departments.
• Ability to create interoperability between software systems.
• Where applicable, manage and generate reports that are able to be synthesized for organizational wide and department specific benefit. An example may be creating infographics depicting the impact of specific areas of service for the use of marketing and communication.
• Provide data-informed guidance and support to implementing key strategic initiatives related to a centralized call center, contract compliance, Medicaid (public fund) implementation and volunteer expansion. Will also help to explore implement best practices related to donor data-mining.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – None
Business-specific knowledge: Knowledge of Silver Key Senior Services mission statement, policies/procedures, business-specific software and safety regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
5 years demonstrated skills in data analysis, project management and continuous improvement strategies achieved through formal education and applied skills in related employment settings. Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare public funds in a health care environment.
DESIRABLE OR SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of and ability to implement Lean and Six Sigma techniques preferred. Strong interpersonal skills to work with all roles within the organization and pertinent community partners. Demonstrate responsiveness and sensitivity to cultural differences. High level of integrity and dependability with strong sense of urgency. Results oriented. Problem solving and creative skills and ability to exercise sound judgment. Ability to communicate with all levels of staff in the organization.
Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, statistical and mathematical abilities and interpersonal skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write complex reports and distill information for many audiences. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – None
This position requires standing, walking and sitting for periods of time. Utilization of hands and fingers to operate office computer keyboard and equipment required. Must be able to reach with hands and arms, talk, hear and stoop, kneel or crouch if needed.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds as needed.
Position requires close, distance and peripheral vision.