Supervisor: President and CEO
About the Agency
Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple programs and services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s programs include Information, Education and Case Management, Transportation Services, Golden Circle congregate meals, Meals on Wheels and Nutrition Services. Silver Key’s mission is to partner with stakeholders to ensure that older adults age safely with dignity and independence.
The Director of Finance is responsible for leading and developing an internal team to support finance, business planning and budgeting for the organization. The individual in this position holds a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision-making and operations.
Essential duties of this position include but may not be limited to the following:
- Oversee all financial operations and direct agency financial planning and structure.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to CEO and Board of Directors (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required).
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.
- Manage and oversee a robust data collection and reporting process for grant reporting and identification of potential funding sources.
- Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and review firms performance.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting.
Proficiency in all aspects of nonprofit organization accounting and all pertinent rules and regulations.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with CEO.
- Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress/changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or 4-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA certification
- 7-10 years overall professional experience in broad financial and operations management environment to include at least 3 years of specific nonprofit, fund accounting experience
- Final responsibility expertise for quality and content of all financial data/reporting and audit coordination
- Successful track record in setting priorities
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills to support and enable sound decision-making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal/external stakeholders
- Integrity, credibility and dedication to Silver Key mission
- Responsiveness and sensitivity to cultural differences
- High level of integrity, dependability and team player
Drug testing and background check required
Work Conditions: This is a full-time, exempt position
To Apply: Complete an application found at www.silverkey.org; submit resume to email@example.com
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org