Silver Key is now hiring a full-time Food Pantry Services Associate.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Food Pantry Services Associate :
The Food Pantry Services Associate will ensure food distribution to seniors living in El Paso County is done in a respectful, dignified, and efficient manner through the following programs: Commodities Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), Emergency Food and Home Delivered Meals.
The Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Greet and provide information to food pantry visitors and clients
- Complete applications, recertification and proxy paperwork for clients in accordance to Silver Key regulations
- Translate client information into database software system
- Calculating allocation of TEFAP deliveries; preparation of TEFAP product quantity listings; assist with incoming deliveries of TEFAP/CSFP (product movement)
- Preparation of Excel spreadsheet and delivery for CSFP/TEFAP sites; track inventory and asks of TEFAP/CSFP
- Complete end of month reports
- Stock shelves; check expiration dates of food items
- Ensure proper refrigeration of frozen items and perform rotation tasks as necessary
- Weigh and record pantry donations
- Assist clients and volunteers with carts, grocery bags and shopping
- Assist with Home Delivered Meals calls and intakes
- Volunteer engagement
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School education or GED
Experience/Qualifications: General office skills and customer service skills required; ability to maintain confidentiality; good organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment; dependable; ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently. Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Work Conditions: This is a nonexempt, full-time position (30-40 hours per week)
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s services include Senior Assistance (information, referrals, case management, guardianship, and emergency food pantry), Reserve & Ride (transportation), Connections Cafe (group dining), and Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels. Silver Key’s mission is to serve in partnership with our stakeholders to support quality of life for seniors – allowing them the choice of safely aging in place with dignity and independence.
To Apply: Please complete an application at www.silverkey.org
Drug testing, background check and MVR check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer