Silver Key Connections Cafe is now hiring a Food Service Coordinator/Site Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Food Service Coordinator/Meal Site Manager for the Connections Café meal program is responsible for following and upholding the requirements of the Title IIIC of the Older Americans Act and by Volume 10 of the Older Coloradoans Act in providing nutrition to eligible elderly persons in a congregate setting.
The Site Manager is responsible for the following:
- Tracking and accounting for meals processed daily at the designated site
- Maintaining administrative paperwork/reporting
- Placing meal orders for each day
- Food temperature control and maintaining logs onsite
- Reheating/cooling foods in accordance with food safety standards
- Setting up, breaking down and washing wares daily
- Maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of all service equipment, work and food service areas
- Demonstrating a professional demeanor at all times
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Volunteer engagement
- Support special events on evenings and weekend as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience/Skills: 1+ years of experience in food service industry desired; ability to lift 20 lbs.; ability to maintain confidentiality; good organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment; dependable
Work Conditions: This is a part-time position, approximately 15-20 hours per week, Monday through Friday
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s services include Senior Assistance (information, referrals, case management, guardianship, and emergency food pantry), Reserve & Ride (transportation), Connections Cafe (group dining), and Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels. Silver Key’s mission is to serve in partnership with our stakeholders to support quality of life for seniors – allowing them the choice of safely aging in place with dignity and independence.
To Apply: Please complete an application at www.silverkey.org
Drug testing, background check and Motor Vehicle Record check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.