Website Silver key Senior Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time, Permanent
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $15.00 per hour – Depends on Qualifications
Department: Senior Assistance
Reports to: Guardianship Supervisor and Trainer
GENERAl PURPOSE OF JOB
Coordinate with guardianship and case management departments regarding administrative, financial, and program legal matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Accounting Department on financial and benefits matters for Silver Key guardianship clients
- Prepare Medicaid re-determinations and other benefits related documents
- Apply for benefits for Silver Key guardianship clients (Medicaid/Social Security/Medicare/VA)
- Collect and maintain records on Silver Key guardianship clients for reporting purposes
- Create invoices, file and track motions for approval of guardian fees
- Prepare reports to Public Administrator upon death of Silver Key guardianship clients
- Serve as one of the agents designated by Silver Key to act on its behalf as guardian
- Assist in making funeral arrangements for Silver Key wards
- Prepare documents for probate court including routine reports in addition to motions and proposed orders filed in unique and often exigent circumstances
- Assist in preparation of annual guardian reports
- Attend hearings in probate court
- Receive and review referrals from APS and other community partners; field questions from individuals seeking information regarding guardianship
- Report volunteer hours
- Communicate and coordinate with Guardianship Volunteer Advocates
- Coordinate and monitor guardianship and case management on-call schedules
- Perform notary services as needed by case managers
- Prepare reporting for Area Agency on Aging Contract, including inputting client data and generating reports for Senior Assistance Programs
- Provide input and analysis to assist with grant reporting
- Other duties as assignedSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Business-specific knowledge: Knowledge of Silver Key Senior Services mission statement, policies/ procedures, business-specific software and safety regulations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university (concentrations in Human Services or Finance is preferred); or four
years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and
DESIRABLE, PREFERRED, OR SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Three years legal/paralegal experience or other commensurate experience.
- Knowledge of probate matters, financial and bookkeeping records.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including ability to navigate government bureaucracies.
- Advocate for clients with outside agencies, stakeholders, and community.
- General office software (MS Office) and office equipment.
- Intermediate level of expertise with MS Office software.
- Experience with databases desirable.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or
complaints. Ability to effectively communicate in correspondence.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and
proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions and applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Colorado notary public (preferred).
- Must possess and maintain a Colorado Driver’s License.
- Must pass all required background checks.
This position requires standing, walking and sitting for periods of time.
Utilization of hands and fingers to operate office computer keyboard
and equipment required. Must be able to reach with hands and arms,
talk, hear and stoop, kneel or crouch if needed. Must be able to lift up to
25 pounds as needed.
Position requires close, distance and peripheral vision.
Moderate noise within business office atmosphere with computers,
printers and light traffic.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by visiting Indeed.com (click the link below)
If you have trouble using the link above, click in the link below:
Guardianship Administrative Specialist
Or Email: HR@Silverkey.org with your Resume and Cover Letter
To apply for this job please visit indeed.com.