Want a fast-paced job, helping seniors in Colorado Springs? Silver Key is now hiring a Silver Key Home Delivered Meals/Meals on Wheels Services Assistant!
Read about Silver Key Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Home Delivered Meals/Meals on Wheels Services Assistant is responsible for supporting activities and functions of the Home Delivered Meals program including Meals on Wheels within a fast-paced environment.
The Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Interact with clients daily by phone and occasionally in person to answer questions and register clients for program participation
- Complete Financial Aid paperwork for clients when applicable
- Schedule volunteer drivers and maintain driver rosters
- Utilize meal software system to enter client information and extract lists/data/reports
- Assist in daily kitchen production with packaging meals
- Deliver meals to clients, as needed
- Work independently and as team member
- Support other Nutrition Department programs including Connections Café (congregate meals), as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School education or GED
Experience/Qualifications: 2+ years’ general office experience; an understanding or ability to learn basic information about geriatric health and medical conditions; ability to maintain confidentiality; good organizational skills; strong communication skills; ability to work in a team environment; dependable; ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. frequently. Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn new software programs.
Work Conditions: This is a nonexempt, full-time position
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s services include Senior Assistance (information, referrals, case management, guardianship, and emergency food pantry), Reserve & Ride (transportation), Connections Cafe (group dining), and Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels. Silver Key’s mission is to serve in partnership with our stakeholders to support quality of life for seniors – allowing them the choice of safely aging in place with dignity and independence.
To Apply: Please complete an application here.
Drug testing, background check and MVR check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer