Silver Key is hiring a Part Time Human Resources Assistant. The Human Resources Assistant provides technical assistance and coordinates daily personnel program policies, plans and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
Typical duties may include:
- Provides customer service to employees by answering questions and inquiries
- Compiles salary and/or other personnel statistics
- Maintains job descriptions
- Conducts benefits enrollment during annual open enrollment and for newly eligible employees
- Verifies I-9 documentation
- Maintains personnel filing systems
- Initiates pre-employment requirements to include background checks, drug testing, MVR and reference checks
- Processes personnel changes in electronic HR/payroll system
- Prepares new employee paperwork and processes files
- Performs, as requested by the COO, assignments in the areas of wage and salary administration, employee benefit analysis, job evaluation, special projects and employment activities
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor at all times
- Works independently and as a member of a team
- Volunteer engagement
- Supports special events on evenings and weekend as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education: BA in Business, Personnel Management or related professional field. Considerable, documented experience with increasing level of responsibility may be considered with or in lieu of education.
Experience/Qualifications: 1+ years of experience in the human resources profession, or extensive, supervised experience in an internship-type setting during education; general office software (MS Office) and office equipment proficiency
Work Conditions: This is a part-time non-exempt position, approximately 25 hours per week
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s services include Senior Assistance (information, referrals, case management, guardianship, and emergency food pantry), Reserve & Ride (transportation), Connections Cafe (group dining), and Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels. Silver Key’s mission is to serve in partnership with our stakeholders to support quality of life for seniors – allowing them the choice of safely aging in place with dignity and independence.
To Apply: Please complete an application at www.silverkey.org
Drug testing, background check and MVR check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.