Duties & Responsibilities:
The Home Delivered Meals/Meals on Wheels Services Assistant is responsible for supporting activities and functions of the Home Delivered Meals program including Meals on Wheels.
The Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Interact with clients by phone and in person to answer questions and register clients for program participation
- Deliver meals to clients
- Assist in kitchen production in packaging meals
- Complete Financial Aid paperwork for clients when applicable
- Utilize meal software system to enter client information and extract lists/data/reports
- Work independently and as team member
- Support other Nutrition Department programs including Connections Café (congregate meals) and Home Delivered Meals, as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School education or GED
Experience/Qualifications: 1+ years’ experience in food service industry desired and 1+ years’ general office experience; an understanding or ability to learn basic information about geriatric health and medical conditions; ability to maintain confidentiality; good organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment; dependable; ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. frequently. Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s services include Senior Assistance (information, referrals, case management, guardianship, and emergency food pantry), Reserve & Ride (transportation), Connections Cafe (group dining), and Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels. Silver Key’s mission is to serve in partnership with our stakeholders to support quality of life for seniors – allowing them the choice of safely aging in place with dignity and independence.
Work Conditions: This is a nonexempt position – part-time eventually becoming full-time
To Apply: Please complete an application at www.silverkey.org
Drug testing, background check and MVR check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer