Silver Key is now hiring a part-time Nutrition Services Assistant/Meals on Wheels Driver. The Nutrition Services Assistant is responsible for supporting activities and functions of the Home Delivered Meals program including Meals on Wheels.
The Nutrition Services Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Interact with clients by phone and in person to answer questions and register clients for
- Deliver meals to clients
- Assist in kitchen production in packaging meals
- Complete Financial Aid paperwork for clients when applicable
- Utilize meal software system to enter client information and extract lists/data/reports
- Work independently and as team member
- Support other Nutrition Department programs including Connections Café (congregate meals) and
Home Delivered Meals, as requested
- Volunteer engagement
- Support special events on evenings and weekends as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School education or GED
Experience/Qualifications: 1+ years’ experience in food service industry desired; an understanding
or ability to learn basic information about geriatric health and medical conditions; ability to
maintain confidentiality; good organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively and work
in a team environment; dependable; ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. frequently.
Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Work Conditions: This is a part-time, nonexempt position
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple programs and services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s services include Information, Education and Assistance (referrals, emergency food pantry, case management), Reserve & Ride (transportation), Connections Cafe (congregate meals), and Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels. Silver Key’s mission is to partner with stakeholders to ensure that older adults age safely with dignity and independence.
To Apply: Please complete an application at https://www.silverkey.org/employment-application/
Drug testing, background check and MVR check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer