About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple programs and services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s programs include Information and Referral, Case Management, Transportation Services, Golden Circle congregate meals, Meals on Wheels and Emergency Food Pantry. Silver Key’s mission is to partner with stakeholders to ensure that older adults age safely with dignity and independence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Nutrition Services Assistant is responsible for supporting activities and functions of the Meals on Wheels program.
The Nutrition Services Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Interact with clients by phone and in person to answer questions and register clients for program participation
- Deliver meals to clients
- Assist Meals on Wheels kitchen production
- Complete Financial Aid paperwork for clients when applicable
- Complete and generate end-of-month and other reports and reconciliations utilizing various software systems
- Work independently and as team member
- Support other Nutrition Department programs including Golden Circle congregate meals, Home Delivered Meals and emergency food pantry, as requested
- Volunteer engagement
- Support special events on evenings and weekends as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School education or GED
Experience/Qualifications: 1+ years’ experience in food service industry desired; an understanding or ability to learn basic information about geriatric health and medical conditions; ability to maintain confidentiality; good organizational skills; ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment; dependable. Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Work Conditions: This is a full-time, nonexempt position.
To Apply: Please complete an application at www.silverkey.org
Drug testing, background check and MVR check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org