Duties & Responsibilities: The Housing Navigator will primarily work with senior clients around housing issues to include assisting with a housing search; completing application and lease paperwork; mediating with landlords; obtaining utilities and moving arrangements, if necessary. The housing Navigator will also become familiar with Client Assistance services and provide backup case management support where needed. Specifically, the Senior Housing Navigator will:
- Assist clients in their search for housing; filling out rental applications, interpreting leases and understanding tenant rights and responsibilities
- Determine housing barriers, preferences, needs and goals
- Meet with clients through office visits, home visits, facility visits, hospital visits or other appropriate location
- Transport clients in Silver Key accessible vehicle to view, apply and pay deposits for apartments
- Communicate with landlords and other entities to facilitate moving and move-in process; obtaining utilities and making moving arrangements.
- Maintain familiarity and continually build knowledge with current housing market information, housing trends and available resources to assist clients
- Advocate for clients within Silver Key and outside agencies/organizations
- Act as a liaison with other professionals, family, clients and community services
- Ensure that open case files are established and regularly documented case notes are maintained in the database/file
- Utilize assessment tools to evaluate social determinants of health and outcomes
- Run reports that highlight quantitative and outcome specific data
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and services
- Work closely with Silver Key case management team members who may assist with obtaining supportive services
- Uphold the ethical and procedural requirements of Silver Key and Senior Assistance
- Represents Silver Key in cases that involve complex coordination of services with multiple agencies
- Establish and maintain relationships with collaborative partners
- Represents Silver Key at partner and collaborating agency meetings
- Participate in community outreach and education
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Other duties as assigned
Education: BS/BA Social Work, Human Services or related professional field. Considerable, documented experience with increasing level of responsibility may be considered with or in lieu of education.
Experience/Qualifications: 1+ years of experience in the healthcare or social services field, or extensive, supervised experience in an internship-type setting during education; knowledge of Public Housing Authority and other subsidy programs; general office software (MS Office) and office equipment proficiency; bilingual preferred.
Work Conditions: This is a full-time exempt position.
About the Agency: Silver Key Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides multiple services to seniors in the Colorado Springs community. Silver Key’s services include Senior Assistance (information, referrals, case management, guardianship, and emergency food pantry), Reserve & Ride (transportation), Connections Cafe (group dining), and Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels. Silver Key’s mission is to serve in partnership with our stakeholders to support quality of life for seniors – allowing them the choice of safely aging in place with dignity and independence.
To Apply: Please complete an application at www.silverkey.org
Drug testing, background check and credit check required
Silver Key Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.