Silver Key’s Guardianship program provides comprehensive, personalized case management services and advocacy for individuals who have been deemed unable to make safe decisions for themselves by the El Paso County Probate Court.
What is Silver Key Guardianship?
Through visits, Court Appointed Guardians get to know their individual seniors and advocate for each person’s unique housing and personal care needs as well as their medical, social, financial, and end of life desires.
Silver Key Guardians are individuals who have the education and skill set to work with a wide variety of issues that impact many seniors. In addition, Guardians report to and have the support of the El Paso County Probate Court when complex, difficult decisions must be made.
Why Silver Key Guardianship?
- Support for the well-being, independence, and dignity of wards through:
- Making financial and medical decisions.
- Filing annual reports with the court.
- Deciding where the ward will reside.
- And more!
- Have peace of mind that you or your loved one is receiving high quality and competent care.
- Reduce stress and costs.
- Acts as a fiduciary to protect and promote the interests of the ward.
- Safety, security, and confidence knowing there’s a history of a strong support system dedicated to their needs.
Silver Key Guardianship Services:
- Fee for service
- Limited pro-bono
- In-care facilities
- Private residence*
If you know someone that could benefit from the support and care of a highly trained Silver Key Guardian call or email to schedule an appointment.
Eligibility: Individuals who have been deemed incapacitated (unable to make safe decisions for themselves) by the El Paso County Probate Court. Must be 60 years or older and reside in Colorado Springs, El Paso County area.
How to Apply: Call 719-884-2300 or visit 9 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday.
Documents Required: Please call ahead for information and to schedule an appointment.
Fees: Please call ahead for information.
*Some restrictions may apply