Reassurance+ provides comforting companionship, digital connection, and a hot meal to seniors, to help them remain independent with dignity, in their own residence for as long as possible.
What is Reassurance+ and how does it work?
- Comforting companionship
- Porchlight digital connection
- A delicious meal
All into a complete package for seniors. We like to think of it as “caring for you, like family”. We offer 1-2 hours per visit of trained and supportive companionship in the client’s home that includes a hot delicious and nutritious meal.
Reassurance+ is looking for volunteer companions and client participants. For more detailed information about our Reassurance+ program click here.
Benefits for Seniors:
- A delicious, nutrient-rich meal delivered to the senior’s home
- A visit from a friendly companion, lasting approximately one hour
- Assistance with light daily tasks
- Quick errands to the store
- A safety check for their well-being, including observations around change-of-condition
- Periodic phone calls from trained companions
- Nutrition education through handouts and monthly newsletters
- Promoting contact with family and friends through the Porchlight digital platform
- Bringing unmet needs to the attention of community services and/or Silver Key staff
- And much more!
Service requirements for companions:
- Able to dedicate a minimum of three hours/week
- Able to drive to the senior’s home and on short errands with the customer
- Able to pass a background check, drug screen, and Division of Motor Vehicle check
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and up-to-date auto insurance
- Orientation and ongoing specialized training provided by Silver Key
- Private pay
- Additional insurance options coming soon
We offer no cost consultations. We can come directly to you or the home of your loved one and can provide a personalized plan to meet you or your loved ones needs.
If you are interested in either becoming a companion in Reassurance+, or if you have someone in your life that could benefit from these services call or email today to set up a time to talk further.
To learn more about becoming a volunteer companion, click here: