Reassurance+ provides comforting companionship, digital connection, and a hot meal to seniors, to help them remain independent with dignity, in their own residence for as long as possible.
What is Reassurance+ and how does it work?
- Comforting companionship
- Porchlight digital connection
- A delicious meal
All into a complete package for seniors. We like to think of it as “caring for you, like family”. We offer 1-2 hours per visit of trained and supportive companionship in the client’s home that includes a hot delicious and nutritious meal.
Reassurance+ is looking for volunteer companions and client participants. For more detailed information about our Reassurance+ program click here.
Porchlight Health is a modern cloud-based communication platform. Users interact using the Porchlight Health app downloaded from iTunes (Apple) or Google Play (Android) app stores. The Porchlight Health app enables private, HIPAA compliant communication via calls (video and voice), messages (video, picture and text), and its proprietary daily check-in process. Communication can be one-on-one or in groups. Users create their own private network. That means they approve everyone that is on their "Porchlight" so there is never any spam or unknown callers or messages. All communication on Porchlight is end-to-end encrypted so all communications are secure and private. For older adults Porchlight Health provides a managed experience. We provide a secure, remotely managed iPad that comes preloaded with the Porchlight Health app, their family and any applicable social services or healthcare partners. The "managed experience" means Porchlight Health sets up the device, performs all operating system update, all maintenance and all upgrades. All the user has to do is pick it up and follow the prompts.
Benefits for Seniors:
- A delicious, nutrient-rich meal delivered to the senior’s home
- A visit from a friendly companion, lasting approximately one hour
- Assistance with light daily tasks
- Quick errands to the store
- A safety check for their well-being, including observations around change-of-condition
- Periodic phone calls from trained companions
- Nutrition education through handouts and monthly newsletters
- Promoting contact with family and friends through the Porchlight digital platform
- Bringing unmet needs to the attention of community services and/or Silver Key staff
- And much more!
Service requirements for companions:
- Able to dedicate a minimum of three hours/week
- Able to drive to the senior’s home and on short errands with the customer
- Able to pass a background check, drug screen, and Division of Motor Vehicle check
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and up-to-date auto insurance
- Orientation and ongoing specialized training provided by Silver Key
- Private pay
- Additional insurance options coming soon
We offer no cost consultations. We can come directly to you or the home of your loved one and can provide a personalized plan to meet you or your loved ones needs.
If you are interested in either becoming a companion in Reassurance+, or if you have someone in your life that could benefit from these services call or email today to set up a time to talk further.
To learn more about becoming a volunteer companion, click here: