Silver Key Bountiful Bags Food Drive Makes a Wonderful Thanksgiving for Area Seniors!
Silver Key needs your help to fill Bountiful Bags for Thanksgiving throughout the entire month of October! For more than 20 years, Silver Key has invited the community to help us make the holidays special for the seniors we serve through our food pantry and this year is no different. Our goal is to fill 1,200 bags with all the trimmings for a memorable Thanksgiving meal for these seniors and their families. When you are shopping for your family, add a few items to your bag and/or organize a food drive at your work/school for aging neighbors in need.
Every month, nearly 1,200 seniors come to Silver Key Senior Assistance and utilize our food pantry, receiving an allotment of food to help their dollars go further. The Bountiful Bags food drive provides these seniors and their families with Thanksgiving meal fixings in November. Without the community's support, many of our clients would not have a Thanksgiving meal.
Items needed are:
- Cranberry Sauce: Whole Berry or Jellied, 14 or 16 oz. cans
- Dessert Dry Mix or Canned Pie Filling
- Green Beans: 14.5 oz. cans
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Dry Stuffing/Dressing, 6 oz. boxes
- Turkey Gravy Dry-Mix: 0.87 (7/8) oz. packets
- Yams/Sweet Potatoes: 29 oz. cans
Food donations can be dropped off at the following locations between now and November 6th during designated hours:
- Silver Key at 1605 S. Murray Blvd., Monday through Friday, 9 am - 4 pm
- Cheyenne Place at 945 Tenderfoot Hill Rd., Monday through Friday, between 9 am and 4 pm
- MorningStar at Bear Creek at 2450 Lower Gold Camp Rd., daily from 8:30 am – 5 pm
- Province at 2960 Tutt Blvd., daily - 24 hour drop off
- ViewPointe at 555 S. Rockrimmon Blvd., daily from 8 am - 8 pm
No time to shop? Make a financial donation to Silver Key’s Bountiful Bags project. Silver Key has significant buying power and can get a lot out of your dollars for Thanksgiving meals. Financial donations can be mailed or dropped off at 1625 S. Murray Blvd. or made online at www.silverkey.org/donate – please indicate Bountiful Bags in the notes field. To make a donation over the phone, call 719-884-2318.
Thank you to Genesis HealthCare-Cheyenne Place, MorningStar at Bear Creek, Province and ViewPointe for offering their locations as food drop sites. For more information about Silver Key’s Bountiful Bags project, call 719-884-2300.