Silver Key is one of five organizations to participate in the national pilot of the Choose Home Initiative. This program's mission is to provide no cost companionship to senior veterans in need of extra assistance so they remain living independently, in their own home and community, for as long as possible. The Silver Key V.E.T.S. program is looking for both volunteers and participants. For more detailed information about our V.E.T.S. program click here.
Program Requirements for Volunteers:
- Volunteers 55+ able to dedicate a minimum of 5 hours/week
- Background checks, drug test, DMV test
- Required orientation and ongoing specialized training provided
- A small, hourly stipend is available
Program Benefits for Senior Veterans:
- Volunteers are matched with Veterans for compatibility
- Light companionship provided at no cost (in-home visits, assistance with medical visits, grocery shopping, errands)
- Caregivers benefit knowing companionship is provided
- Less social isolation and loneliness
VOLUNTEER OR REGISTER TODAY!
For more detailed information about the Choose Home/V.E.T.S. program, click here.
If you are a senior veteran in need of companionship, please email email@example.com.