BOUNTIFUL BAGS FOOD DRIVE
Silver Key needs your help to fill Bountiful Bags for Thanksgiving throughout the entire month of October! For more than 20 years, Silver Key has invited the community to help us make the holidays special for the seniors we serve through our food pantry and this year is no different. Our goal is to fill 1,300 bags with all the trimmings for a memorable Thanksgiving meal for these seniors and their families. When you are shopping for your family, add a few items to your bag and/or organize a food drive at your work/school for aging neighbors in need.
Every month, more than 1,300 seniors come to Silver Key, Senior Assistance and utilize our food pantry, receiving an allotment of food to help their dollars go further. The Bountiful Bags food drive provides these seniors and their families with Thanksgiving meal fixings in November. Without the community’s support, many of our clients would not have a Thanksgiving meal.
Items needed are:
Dessert Dry Mix or Canned Pie Filling
Green Beans: 14.5 oz. cans
Instant Mashed Potatoes
Dry Stuffing/Dressing, 6 oz. boxes
Turkey Gravy Dry-Mix: 0.87 (7/8) oz. packets
Yams/Sweet Potatoes: 29 oz. cans
Food donations can be dropped off at the following locations between now and November 1st during designated hours:
- Silver Key, 1605 S. Murray Blvd., Monday-Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm.
- The Promenade Shops at Briargate, 1885 Briargate Parkway, Suite 503 (Drop off your donation at The Management Office, between Pottery Barn and Paper Source), Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
- King Soopers – 3250 Centennial Blvd. Donations welcome during normal business hours.
- King Soopers Ridgeview Marketplace: 6030 Stetson Hills Blvd. Donations welcome during normal business hours.
- King Soopers Marketplace at Briargate: 9225 N Union Blvd. Donations welcome during normal business hours.
- Davidson Technologies, 7222 Commerce Center Drive, #140 Corner of Woodmen and west of I-25, across from Old Chicago and the Hampton Inn. Please enter on the west side of the building in the center glass door.) Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-5 pm.
No time to shop? Want to give while remaining safely distanced? Make a financial donation to Silver Key’s Bountiful Bags campaign. Silver Key has significant buying power and can leverage every dollar provided in support for Thanksgiving meals. Financial donations can be mailed or dropped off at 1625 S. Murray Blvd. or made online at www.silverkey.org/donate, please indicate Bountiful Bags in the notes field. To make a donation over the phone, call our Silver Line 719-884-2300. New this year you can also text-to-give your donation by texting meals4seniors to 243725.
Thank you to King Soopers, Davidson Technologies, and The Promenade Shops at Briargate for offering their locations as food donation drop sites. For more information about Silver Key’s Bountiful Bags campaign, call our Silver Line 719-884-2300.
About Silver Key:
Silver Key Senior Services was founded in 1970 to improve the quality of life for area nursing home residents. Today, Silver Key’s mission has broadened to provide more than 11,000 seniors annually with a wide variety of services, including Silver Key Connections Café, Silver Key Home Delivered Meals including Meals on Wheels, Silver Key Reserve & Ride transportation services, and vital Senior Assistance services including government food program distribution, pantry, Behavioral Health and Companionship services and more! To learn more about Silver Key and volunteer opportunities, visit www.silverkey.org.