Silver Key Makes a Wonderful Thanksgiving for Area Seniors with Bountiful Bags Food Drive
Silver Key needs your help to fill Bountiful Bags for Thanksgiving throughout the entire month of October! For more than 20 years, Silver Key has invited the community to help us make the holidays special for the seniors we serve through our food pantry and this year is no different. Our goal is to fill 1,200 bags with all the trimmings for a memorable Thanksgiving meal for these seniors and their families. When you are shopping for your family, add a few items to your bag and/or organize a food drive at your work/school for aging neighbors in need.
Every month, nearly 1,200 seniors come to Silver Key Senior Assistance and utilize our food pantry, receiving an allotment of food to help their dollars go further. The Bountiful Bags food drive provides these seniors and their families with Thanksgiving meal fixings in November. Without the community’s support, many of our clients would not have a Thanksgiving meal.
Items needed are:
- Cranberry Sauce: Whole Berry or Jellied, 14 or 16 oz. cans
- Dessert Dry Mix or Canned Pie Filling
- Green Beans: 14.5 oz. cans
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Dry Stuffing/Dressing, 6 oz. boxes
- Turkey Gravy Dry-Mix: 0.87 (7/8) oz. packets
- Yams/Sweet Potatoes: 29 oz. cans
Food donations can be dropped off at the following locations between now and November 6th during designated hours:
- Silver Key, 1605 S. Murray Blvd., Monday-Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm.
- The Promenade Shops at Briargate, 1885 Briargate Parkway, Suite 503 (Drop off your donation at The Management Office, between Pottery Barn and Paper Source), Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
- American Overhead Door, 4336 N Nevada Ave Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm.
- Rocky Mountain Health Care, 310 S 14th St (drop site in lobby), Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm. Closed 10/8/19. (Please do not leave donations after-hours).
- Davidson Technologies, 7222 Commerce Center Drive, #140 Corner of Woodmen and west of I-25, across from Old Chicago and the Hampton Inn. Please enter on the west side of the building in the center glass door.) Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-5 pm.
No time to shop? Make a financial donation to Silver Key’s Bountiful Bags project. Silver Key has significant buying power and can get a lot out of your dollars for Thanksgiving meals. Financial donations can be mailed or dropped off at 1625 S. Murray Blvd. or made online at www.silverkey.org/donate, please indicate Bountiful Bags in the notes field. To donate over the phone, call 719-884-2313.
Thank you to American Overhead Door, Davidson Technologies, Rocky Mountain Health Care, The Promenade Shops at Briargate for offering their locations as food donation drop sites. For more information about Silver Key’s Bountiful Bags project, call 719-884-2300.