Reassurance+ provides companionship along with a hot meal to seniors, to help them remain independent with dignity, in their own home for as long as possible.
What is Reassurance+ and how does it work?
Reassurance+ combines comforting companionship and a delicious meal into a complete package for seniors. We like to think of it as “caring for you, like family”. We offer an hour per visit of trained and supportive companionship in the client’s home that includes a hot delicious and nutritious meal.
Reassurance+ is looking for volunteer companions and client participants. For more detailed information about our Reassurance+ program click here.
Benefits for Seniors:
- A delicious, nutrient-rich meal delivered to the senior’s home
- A visit from a friendly companion, lasting approximately one hour
- Assistance with light daily tasks
- Quick errands to the store
- A safety check for the senior’s well-being
- Periodic phone calls from trained companions
- Nutrition education through handouts and monthly newsletters
- Promoting contact with family and friends through letter writing, phone calls, and video chats
- Bringing unmet needs to the attention of community services and/or Silver Key staff
- And much more!
Service requirements for companions:
- Able to dedicate a minimum of three hours/week
- Able to drive to the senior’s home and on short errands with the customer
- Able to pass a background check, drug screen, and Division of Motor Vehicle check
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and up-to-date auto insurance
- Orientation and ongoing specialized training provided by Silver Key
- Private pay
- Additional insurance options coming soon
We offer no cost consultations. We can come directly to you or the home of your loved one and can provide a personalized plan to meet you or your loved ones needs.
If you are interested in either becoming a companion in Reassurance+, or if you have someone in your life that could benefit from these services call or email today to set up a time to talk further.