The Silver Key Behavioral Health Services team offers compassionate assessments, counseling, crisis stabilization, case management, and training to seniors and their families struggling with depression, anxiety, grief, substance misuse, and memory loss.
Learn more about each below:
Silver Key Behavioral Health Services endeavor to:
- Build capacity for mental health prevention and early intervention services.
- Ensure earlier access to mental health services to lower the incidence of mental illness and suicide, to enhance wellness and resilience, and to reduce stigma and discrimination.
- Implement strategies to engage persons prior to the development of serious mental illness or serious emotional disturbances.
- Increase the strength and capacity of Silver Key to be a viable and sustainable organization that provides a unique service and support to the seniors in the Colorado Springs area.
Behavioral Health Services benefit our community:
- Expand outreach, public education, and enhance communication pathways.
- Conduct public education campaigns on mental health issues in the community to include participation in community events, engagement and use of print and electronic media, education of community gatekeepers in schools and health clinics, and distribution of educational materials.
- Promote training and professional development opportunities for providers to become more knowledgeable about mental health issues specific to the geriatric population and resources and for the mental health services providers to become more knowledgeable and culturally competent in serving the senior community.
- Influence and improve accessibility and utility of mental health services.