Silver Key Companionship Services offer clients compassionate and caring options to serve and support seniors in a variety of ways. As a respected non-profit provider of vital individual care services, Silver Key is honored to assist seniors to live: better, healthier, and safer with dignity and independence.
Our professional and volunteer caregivers assist seniors with a myriad of daily needs social engagement.
Companionship provides a friendly visit to the client’s home, a reassuring phone call 1-3 times per week, and a hot meal to help them remain independent with dignity, in their own residence for as long as possible.
Silver Key Companionship services endeavor to:
- Provides, personalized comprehensive care.
- Care management services and advocacy for individuals who have been deemed unable to make safe decisions for themselves.
- Support senior well-being by addressing, mental and physical challenges, financial matters, health care benefits, and connections to available federal and local resources.
- Implement strategies to engage persons with safety and social checks and visits to lower risks associated with social isolation.
- Offer a sense of belonging and purposeful living.
Companionship Services benefit our community:
- Expand outreach, social connection and enhance communication pathways.
- Isolation is one of the leading causes of depression in older adults. Our programs offer enhanced mental and physical health improvements both long and short term.
- Provides accountability and peace of mind.
- Better self-esteem.
- Increased cognitive function.
- Safeguard senior’s rights and protection from scammers.
What is Companionship and how does it work?
- Comforting companionship
- Reassuring phone calls
- A delicious meal
All into a complete package for seniors. We like to think of it as “caring for you like family." We offer a minimum of one-hour visits with a trained and supportive companion in the client’s home to help with things like light housekeeping, running errands, and social outings and engagement.
Companionship looking for volunteer companions and client participants. For more detailed information about our Companionship program click here.
Benefits for Seniors:
- A delicious, nutrient-rich meal delivered to the senior’s home
- A visit from a friendly companion, lasting approximately one hour
- Assistance with light daily tasks
- Quick errands to the store
- A safety check for their well-being, including observations around change-of-condition
- Periodic phone calls from trained companions
- Nutrition education through handouts and monthly newsletters
- Bringing unmet needs to the attention of community services and/or Silver Key staff
- And much more!
Service requirements for companions:
- Able to drive to the senior’s home and on short errands with the customer
- Able to pass a background check, drug screen, and Division of Motor Vehicle check
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and up-to-date auto insurance
- Orientation and ongoing specialized training provided by Silver Key
- Private pay
- Additional insurance options coming soon
We offer no-cost consultations. We can come directly to you or the home of your loved one and can provide a personalized plan to meet you or your loved ones needs.
If you are interested in either becoming a companion or if you have someone in your life that could benefit from these services, call or email today to set up a time to talk further.
To learn more about becoming a volunteer companion, click here: