|Why Silver Key SOS?
As we age new social, physical, and emotional challenges may arise. Many seniors have the support of friends and family during difficult times while others do not. Some older adults have more difficulty and require more help, but may be reluctant to seek it or may not know where to go.
Silver Key has been providing support to seniors in the greater Colorado Springs area since 1971. With the help of our Community Partners, local service agencies, and concerned individuals, we can reach out to older adults in need and provide the support that can truly make a difference.
What is Silver Key SOS?
- Support for the well-being, independence and dignity of seniors through community education, mental health services, and connection to community resources.
- A community program that identifies older adults who may need emotional or physical support and/or connection to community services
- A simple way to help older adults get assistance before a serious crisis develops
- A strong partnership between agencies, businesses and community minded individuals
How Does Silver Key SOS Work?
- Anyone can contact Silver Key if there is a concern about a senior who may need help.
- Once Silver Key has been contacted, A Silver Key SOS case manager will talk with the senior to determine the need and willingness for help.
- If the older adult agrees Silver Key SOS will help connect them with appropriate services.
Silver Key SOS Services
- Case management referrals
- Community resources
- Depression screening and treatment
- Identification and early intervention of prescription
- drug misuse or abuse
||Warning Signs That Someone May Need Assistance
The following signs might indicate that an older adult is in need of help.
- Mental State: Confusion, disorientation, memory loss, repetitiveness
- Physical: Difficulty in seeing, hearing or walking, alcohol or substance abuse
- Emotional: Recent loss of spouse, appears depressed, anxious or withdrawn, loss of appetite
- Social: Isolated, possible victim of abuse, neglect or exploitation
Appearance: Unkempt, dirty clothes, weight loss
- Environment: Home needs repair, trash or debris in yard, neglected pets.
- Economic: Confused about money matters and an inability to afford necessities.
If you are concerned about a senior you know or simply want to learn how to help:
Call Silver Key SOS: (719) 884-2345
Email: Dayton Romero,
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
If your situation is urgent, always call 911
Funded in Part by:
In Partnership with: